QALINCA-LABS – research, teaching and expertise activities are dedicated to Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Transport Management. It belongs to the Faculty of Engineering Sciences (Polytech) of the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Qalinca Labs is headed by Professor Alassane Ballé NDIAYE
Five Pillars of Activities
- Development, through modeling and simulation, of advanced tools for a better understanding of the key factors of any nature (including emerging technologies and concerns) which impact the structure, integration, sustainability and performance of transport and logistics systems (passengers and freight).
- Integration of ideas from the latest research with best practices to highlight the innovative and proactive ways in which organizations, institutions and countries can leverage the transport function to create competitive edge and capture the most value, with a special emphasis on sustainable cross-functional integration that is crucial to drive transport and logistics excellence.
- Design and implementation of integrated transport and logistics solutions: innovative (i-solutions), intelligent (e-solutions), safe and secure (s-solutions), sustainable and ecofriendly (“green”-solutions) and socio-economically sound (with full consideration of client ownership issues).
- Development of advanced systems for benchmarking and auditing the quality and performance of transport and logistics operations.
- Dissemination of knowledge through an active contribution to the implementation worldwide of excellence and knowledge centers (training, research, expertise) in transport and logistics.